Micron wants you to succeed. An engineering and management panel offers these interview tips:
- Research the company and demonstrate your knowledge relating to semiconductors, memory, and manufacturing.
- Consider how your academic background and career goals are in line with the company (Micron). Be able to explain why you believe your skill set will be enhanced by a career (or employment) with Micron.
- Be prepared to ask at least two relevant questions about the job or company.
- If applying for a technical position, expect to receive technical questions. When asked a technical question, your thought process is as important as achieving the right answer.
- Be prepared to discuss, in good detail, some of your projects and accomplishments as they relate to your ability in your major. Present examples and engage the interviewer in two-way communication.
- Act as though you want and deserve the job. Dress and groom yourself professionally.
- Use proper grammar and a professional vocabulary. Avoid using words or phrases that diminish your credibility or competence.
- Relax and smile.
- Be prompt: 5-10 minutes early. Also, schedule plenty of time for your interview. Don't be rushed by commitments immediately after your interview.
- Speak well of former employers and previous jobs. Don't discuss your personal affairs.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm.
- Don't inflate your qualifications.