US Compensation and Benefits
For eligible team members:
- Insurance coverage including medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment, short- and long-term disability and business travel accident.
- 401(k) plan enables team members to invest money for retirement on a pre-tax basis, in Target Retirement Funds or a combination of index and actively managed funds to achieve their desired investment mix.
- In recognition of each team member's contribution to profitability, the company offers variable pay programs.
- Stock Options are offered to team members at management discretion.
- Paid time off is provided at a beginning rate of 5.31 hours per bi-weekly pay period and increases annually up to 6.93 hours per bi-weekly pay period.
- The Education Assistance Program provides tuition support for job and/or industry related courses and degree programs. Associate, Bachelor, and Master degrees are offered through various institutions, and where possible, targeted courses and programs are made available on-site for employees. Micron resources are available to help our team members prepare their educational plans and select the programs that best support their industry interests and career development.
- The Micron Family Health Center has a full-time staff of highly trained medical professionals providing the following services to team members and their dependents covered on a Micron health plan:
- An affordable fee for clinic services
- Family care services, including routine medical care, health screening and prevention, disease management (such as high blood pressure and diabetes) and more
- Medical care gained through set appointments and walk-in access
- Health education and wellness consulting and programs
- Medical care for urgent and other health conditions
- Care for work related injuries/illnesses
- Medical surveillance as required by OSHA standards
- Lab tests
- Ergonomics and job site evaluations
- Physical therapy
- Dietician services
- Chiropractice services
- Immunizations and physicals for business travel
- An on-site, premier Fitness Center in Boise, Idaho, is available and free to all Micron employees, including interns.
- With 8,000 square feet, our Fitness Center is a premier facility for aerobics and weight training. Exercise and weight rooms provide plenty of space to conduct a rigorous workout with state-of-the-art weight machines, bicycles, NordicTrack, treadmills, free weights, and more.
- The Center has dressing rooms with lockers, showers, and a dry sauna and is staffed with full-time fitness consultants. Aerobics instructors offer classes on site throughout the day to accommodate the various work schedules.
- Check out some of the Fitness Center's activities highlighted below.
- Aerobics classes, such as "Step Training/Aerobic Conditioning," "Low Impact Aerobics," and "Firm, Strengthen, and Tone"
- Health, fitness, and nutritional information
- Individual fitness consultations
- Softball, basketball, volleyball, running, and weightlifting events, leagues, and clubs
- Outdoor facilities include the gazebo and picnic areas, basketball and volleyball courts, and softball fields
Micron's training and education programs provide extensive opportunities for team members to grow and develop in skills needed for their current job as well as in various critical areas such as:
- Technical skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Computer skills
- Professional effectiveness skills
Micron works to provide world-class education opportunities in a convenient, easy-to-access format using the latest technology in distance education. We link learners from around the world to information through the use of satellite, microwave, video conferencing, video and audio tapes, web- and computer-based training, and more.